DVD drive probs

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
nitro4wd
Bronze
Bronze

DVD drive probs

Post by nitro4wd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:06 pm

My DVD-W drive currently only recognises CD's and not DVD's, anyone have an idea why this is? I just noticed it now so haven't Googled yet...

sgledhill50
Bronze
Bronze

Post by sgledhill50 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:21 pm

yep.......your dvd writer is naffed with a capital F... love......bin it chuck it drop it from great hights...run over it with your niva be cool...lol

theyre cheap enough son...go get a all singing dancing one ....

ohhh...by the way...want my niva... :D

jiffyman
Bronze
Bronze

Post by jiffyman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:24 pm

Hey, atleast you have got a girlfriend with a 12y/o daughter who bought a disc home from school, installed it, and when I started the PC the next day it gave me ONE option, restore to day one!!!

A friend got all my pix off it, luckily, but had to format the pc (apparently, dont ask me, dont do putas!)

Now I've got it running, have managed to download MOST of the drivers but its still a bag 'o' poo!!

Anyone got an original disc for a Packard Bell Ixtreme 7072?? Lol!!!

nitro4wd
Bronze
Bronze

Post by nitro4wd » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:36 pm

Nuts. Ah well, off to Ebuyer then...

Steve, if I had some money matey I'd have the Niva straight away! Mines finally made it into my garage so resto is moving along a bit quicker...How much for that engine though? :twisted:

jiffyman
Bronze
Bronze

Post by jiffyman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:43 pm

GadgetBoy wrote:All you need to know is the motherboard model. Look for numbers/letters like K7VMM (not necessarily those letters and numbers).

Packard Bell just buy the mobos of some bloke in Taiwan.
Probably off the back of a Rickshaw!!! Lol!!!

ladaboy
Bronze
Bronze

Post by ladaboy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Spooky my DVD writer just did the same thing, and started only recognising CDs. Wierd cos it's only a year or two old and I bought a Sony one cos I thought it would be better than a generic chinese job.

Not sure if I broke it by playing a copy of Bugs Life (for the kids) from Blockbuster that turned out to have a big split in the disc. That'll teach me for trying to copy it.
Superjohn
1986 Lada Riva 1200L R.I.P.
RUST KILLED MY LADA

nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

Post by nitro_warrior » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:59 pm

DVDs have much more data crammed on and in my experience are much more tempermental than CDs. Our first DVD player freaked out at the merest hint of a finger print.

Will be interesting to see how the new super high capacity drives like Blu-Ray (whats going in the Playstation 3) will be like.
2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh