Since when did vans get this quick?!?

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Since when did vans get this quick?!?

Post by Zelandeth » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:46 pm

So just had to hand back the Merc Sprinter luton van that I've had all weekend. Really enjoyed it, was great to be behind the wheel of something bigger again, been far too long! Not a bus, but I will take what I can get.

Really nice thing to drive. Nice gearchange, handled well, good brakes, comfy seat, and ooooh my god could it shift...

Think it gave the driver of the Polo who decided to race me away from that roundabout a bit of a shock...

Seriously though, when did vans get that fast?

Was also amused at the evident approach of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" with the cab. Everything was almost exactly where it was in my old 308D from the early 80s. Well...stereo excepted as I didn't have one of them in my old van!
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.

Hoodoo
No rank

Re: Since when did vans get this quick?!?

Post by Hoodoo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Sounds like my Ducato. Easily find it doing 85 on the M-way, without me realising!! Followed by a hurried deceleration!
Regards,
Hoodoo
'03 Niva 1.7si
Buckley, North Wales.