tyre seating/sealing

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
daniel.b
Bronze
Bronze

tyre seating/sealing

Post by daniel.b » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi I'm in the middle of replacing my rear bike tyre and can't get it to seal on the rim. Im only using basic tools and at the minute only have the LADA pump.
IS there any way of getting it to seal without a compressor or lighter fluid :lol: ?
Thanks Daniel.b
1990 Riva 1300

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 pm

I've had some success doing similar with a car tyre. Could'nt get the tyre to seal while blowing it up. Ended up with a couple of bricks supporting the tyre and then stood on the rim while a mate did the air. We got there in the end.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

mooshaker
Silver
Silver

Post by mooshaker » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 pm

soapy water and try get all the beeding on the high bit of outside rim pump like mad :oops: it may pop on otherwise its a trip to tesco fuel station they usualy have a fast pump inflater ?

daniel.b
Bronze
Bronze

Post by daniel.b » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks guys,
I tried the soapy water, the ratchet strap and the tesco(BP,JET and SHELL) garage pump, but the tyres so skinny it just wouldn't have it so I took it to a garage the guy there sorted it for me with a real compressor :lol: , and a seat cover :shock: . He wedged it between the tyre and the rim to make it seal then let the tyre back down and pulled it out. Job done!.
And I've found that its nice to still be pointing the same direction after I brake :lol:
Thanks,
Daniel.b
1990 Riva 1300