Good Home needed for Arnie (2.0l Fiat tc 2101)

New and used Ladas can be found here
handyandy1964
Standard
Standard

Good Home needed for Arnie (2.0l Fiat tc 2101)

Post by handyandy1964 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 pm

The time has come to pass Arnie on!
I've had him for about 23 years now but done nothing with him for the last 10.
In his day he was a 1200cc Lada Challenge car (ask your dad) before being converted with a glorious Fiat Twin Cam engine.
I took ownership back in 92 (I think) from a gentleman called Pat Flynn who was involved in the Lada Challenge & who's brother had a Lada engined Darrian which once featured in Motoring News.
Arnie is fitted with a full cage, bucket seats, harnesses, Perspex door windows, uprated springs, Bilstein dampers etc.
The Fiat engine is equipped with twin solex carbs, K&N Air Filters, and a converted Fiat 4-2-1 manifold (adjusted to miss the steering box) & allegedly had it's cylinder head breathed on by someone who knew about these things.
When I moved house 10 years ago he went to stay at a friends house in Lincolnshire (I'm in Warwickshire) & is still there but needs to move.
This is definitely a project car, I've not seen him for a while but remember that there was an issue with the brakes and a fair amount of rust here & there. He also sports a dented roof with a large Aeroflot sticker on it!
I'm not sure what sort of money we're talking about although I feel the engine has some value. As a complete longshot I would be interested in a Land Rover Series III 109 Chassis in reasonable condition!
If anyone here is interested then get in touch, ask any questions which I shall try to answer as best I can, & then maybe we can find a convenient time to go & have a look

Krambry
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Good Home needed for Arnie (2.0l Fiat tc 2101)

Post by Krambry » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am

Hi Andy
Like the sound of a project. Do you have or can you get any pic's of what she looks like now.
Regards Mark

handyandy1964
Standard
Standard

Re: Good Home needed for Arnie (2.0l Fiat tc 2101)

Post by handyandy1964 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Haven't got any pics round me at the minute but I'll try to get you some