Very smart Lada Niva Cossack . . .

New and used Ladas can be found here
eveshamsteve

Very smart Lada Niva Cossack . . .

Post by eveshamsteve » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm

. . . on Ebay. Lots of interest already. I would be interested if it wasn't so far away.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lada-Niva-Cos ... 3ccb42a5e2

happiness stan
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Very smart Lada Niva Cossack . . .

Post by happiness stan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Raahhh!! All he best ones are in the north. The white estate is nearest me and that needs a touch of work.

eveshamsteve

Post by eveshamsteve » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm

There were always far more Ladas up North. I remember in the eighties Whitby, Scarborough, Bridlington, Leeds, Bradford etc etc Ladas everywhere. Many Taxi companies used Ladas too.

happiness stan
Bronze
Bronze

Post by happiness stan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Down here on the Suffolk/Cambs border, from when I started noticing cars around the mid 80's I guess, the Skoda Estelle was the most common eastern bloc car,(but where are they all now?) and then the Yugo (hatchback?), with only a few Lada's - all Riva's in my memory. (One of my friends first cars was a Skoda 110R in bright orange but I don't think he ever got it running.). We are firmly into land Rover country round here - battered 90/110's for the workers and Range Rovers for the bosses, and so the only Niva I remember seeing down here was one that I hitched a ride in from Sudbury to home, the driver was an old biker who had lost his sense of balance in a crash and so drove this Niva. He spent the whole journey impressing on me that the Niva was the best 4x4 in the world (this was in '89), and it was that memory that made me search the internet to see if the car actually existed or was if it was all drug induced gibberish. And here I am desperately trying to save up enough money to buy my own. I assume that the Yugo's have all disintergrated but where did all those Estelles go?

Nivafever
Bronze
Bronze

Post by Nivafever » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Get one needing a touch of work. Its a **** challenge. (And I bought one in Shropshire and brought it North.)

s_zigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Post by s_zigmond » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:21 pm

You see I found the opposite. I travelled from Leeds to MK for my first one, as couldnt find any up north.
Jeep Wrangler jl 2019 :D

happiness stan
Bronze
Bronze

Post by happiness stan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Sods law

slowbob
Bronze
Bronze

Post by slowbob » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 am

I have one the same colour scheme as that sitting in my garage. Needs some work for an MOT, welding of sills, both sides, inners and outers. Near side outrigger.
The muppet who previously owned it filled the bottom of the wheel arches with expanding foam which totally rotted that area. Also, it had those stupid plastic wheel arch covers which have done a little bit of damage, nothing major but, would need some attention (cosmetic).
I will never get round to doing it up, so if anyone wants to make an offer, it could be yours.
Will email pics if you wish.