Video Editing...

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
Ned
Bronze
Bronze

Post by Ned » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm

yah your dealing with biiig files and long render times anyway you go.
i use final cut pro on a mac, i suspect itd be similar to sony vegas, love it, its a dream

important to set the program to autosave every 10 minutes in case the computer crashes

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Im sure with some playing i can get my head around this video editing software. They are big files. So roughly 6.5hrs to render a video from AVI files, 1.5hrs -2hrs per tape and another 45mins/1hr to convert it to DVD....Thats a day per tape!
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

Ned
Bronze
Bronze

Post by Ned » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 pm

yah oftentimes i left it render overnight, as you cant really use the computer while its processing. magic what you can do with the different dissolves transitions and layering, and adding music. magic.

pmark23
Bronze
Bronze

Post by pmark23 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 am

Those are good rendering times. My projects are usually only 10 minutes, but they take up to 6 hours to render because of all the compositing, colour correction, and the source files are HD. I also compress to WMV or MP4 as my corporate clients only play things off of notebooks.

If you're making a DVD though then get used to large files (I have easily a dozen 500-750 gig hard drives scattered around me right now). Depending on the DVD-making software you're using, you can probably break the files up into "chapters", so you're working with several one-gig (or smaller) files. If you look at a movie DVD this is what they usually do.

I know what you're going through though. I did a wedding once. ONCE. :shock:

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:49 am

The wedding video did feature the backs of peoples heads a few times!!! Filming the disco was interesting trying to get the right balance of light on thr camera. Nevermind its all done now.

Pmark for some reason I had you down as working in the oil sector.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

pmark23
Bronze
Bronze

Post by pmark23 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 am

My clients are mostly oil and mining multinationals.