TFT monitor problem

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:26 pm

Liberated would be a better term.

Jonno
Diamond with extra bling
Diamond with extra bling

Post by Jonno » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:33 pm

Seeing as this this thread has gone off topic now, not that I mind, wasn't Liberated the name of the ship in Blakes Seven. Oh no it was Liberator wasn't it. Anyone else think Servalan was a bit of allright??
If it doesn't work - hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't work get a bigger hammer.
'95 Hussar
ImageImage

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:37 pm

Ah memories. Early teen telly!

Jonno
Diamond with extra bling
Diamond with extra bling

Post by Jonno » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:48 pm

Teen telly was Sally James in Tiswas :wink: :D
If it doesn't work - hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't work get a bigger hammer.
'95 Hussar
ImageImage

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 pm

Or Lesley Judd on Blue Peter. Oh how cold those TV studios must have been!

Jonno
Diamond with extra bling
Diamond with extra bling

Post by Jonno » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:40 pm

Jenny Hanley in Magpie -

tight trousers

jenny
'95 Hussar
ImageImage

Jonno
Diamond with extra bling
Diamond with extra bling

Post by Jonno » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:47 pm

Much that I like to remember those happy days of teen telly with Sally James, Lesley Judd and Jenny Hanley I am now returning to topic.

TFT Problems.
I rang the help line this afternon as I have an extended waranty on the tower. I explained the problem and the lass at the other end ran through a few tests. Her diagnosis was " motherboard is knackered or at the very leasts a new graphics and sound card is required ". " An engineer will be with you on Friday armed with a new motherboard and other bits. "
Ok I thought, I will leave it at that and see what happens Friday. In the meantime I tried the system once more and it has now really knack'd the monitor - don't work at all now, I checked all internal and external fuses and they were alright so I have now plugged in an old CRT monitor and everything is ok up to now. Forgotten how big those CRT's are !!
Wish me luck for Friday to see if I can get a new monitor out of them.
'95 Hussar
ImageImage

Jonno
Diamond with extra bling
Diamond with extra bling

Post by Jonno » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:19 pm

GadgetBoy wrote:When I go playing with the Lard Rover boys I play Shoot to thrill as I arrive.
Just had a listen to that track, like it!!

Anyway back to topic again, Mrs engineer came round, looked over the system and confirmed what I thought - TFT monitor knack'd, tower checked out ok. Still awaiting reply from Hew.Pac.

Me thinks I will see what's in the January sales and make do with CRT for now on main computer.
'95 Hussar
ImageImage