Fuel calculator website

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
spikey dapikey

Fuel calculator website

Post by spikey dapikey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

An intresting website, with calculators to work out your MPG, amount of fuel needed for a trip, or even how much the trip to the shops costs :)

It would seem I'm getting about 23 MPG at the moment, but i'm really hoping to improve on that !

sch4463
Bronze
Bronze

Re: Fuel calculator website

Post by sch4463 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm

doubt you'll get much more than that unless you drive like standing on eggshells, in which case whats the point. I had an a reg for a few years which wasnt much different i think. Interesting to see pictures of how the project is getting on, quite different to how it looked. I went to view before you bought it when he wanted alot more money. Waiting for pictures of the light bar. Did you sus out what the funny thing on the dashboard was - some sort of cruise or fuel montior?

spikey dapikey

Post by spikey dapikey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I only need a small amount of choke when i staart it, say, 2 mins ?

And yes, the weird box in the dash where the ashtray was supposed to be is a fuel meter thingy. I'll make a note of the name and look it up :)

spikey dapikey

Post by spikey dapikey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm

The box in question....

Info taken from a different forum, via Google:

the box on top of the dash is a '70s style fuel computer called a Mobelec Maximiser. My dad fitted it when he had the car before me. It stopped working sometime in the mid-'90s, but I didn't want to remove it (and leave the two mounting holes visible). I came across a new one on ebay about a year ago, which is what you see. There is a fuel sensor which goes into the fuel line (it's shown in one of the pics I posted) and the wiring runs back to the unit on the dash. Some of the wiring is what you see hanging down behind the other gauges - I'll tidy it later, promise. There's also a sensor on the back of the speedo. Between then, they figure out mpg as the car is driven, as well as the final figure for the trip

sch4463
Bronze
Bronze

Post by sch4463 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm

yes that was the funny box thing! I got single figure mpg from an autochoke carb but it ran very well, then I think i got 20's mpg from a brand new weber. I do live in a hilly area and in the 90's had a heavier more youthfull rightfoot! Interesting to see the pics - good luck with the rest of the modifications.

spikey dapikey

Post by spikey dapikey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Cheers :D :)