Guess what I'm doing this weekend .....

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Day 2.

Due to torrential rain my activities were somewhat curtailed and I didn't get very much done. Just as well I have tomorrow off.

Justin Case

Post by Justin Case » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:30 pm

GadgetBoy wrote: It had been done by a baboon with his torque wrench set to 1'000'000'000NM. I had to use a pry bar to get virtually every nut and bolt undone.
I met that guy... he only has one arm and it only turns in one direction... TIGHTER! (he's been working on my Lada a bit). or maybe it's just a metric to imperial conversion thing...

That's a fine looking engine under all that plastic. And some very well done photos... can't wait for images from your next transmission disassembly or clutch job on the Niva.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you think they would charge at a Rover dealer to fit new belts and a water pump? I'm thinking it's a half-day job even when you know what you're doing and have all the right tools

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 pm

It's a day and a half (official MG Rover time) and it would be approx £1000 including parts.

Justin Case

Post by Justin Case » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

HA! I bet that makes you feel better after two days work!

Neil Chowney
Administrator

Post by Neil Chowney » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Has he nicked all that raspberry jam?????
Neil Chowney
Land Rover Discovery Sport (just sold the Freelander)
Cube Agree HTC Di2

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:49 pm

I hope not ..... there are M6 bolts in that jar. If he ate those he might find flying a tad difficult.