anyone good with logos?

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
Hoodoo
No rank

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Careful Simon. Demon Tweeks may complain!
Regards,
Hoodoo
'03 Niva 1.7si
Buckley, North Wales.

Hoodoo
No rank

Post by Hoodoo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 pm

No, but vehicle related? And fairly close location wise. Always worth checking. :)
Regards,
Hoodoo
'03 Niva 1.7si
Buckley, North Wales.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm

What are the base fonts Simon?

Signwriters should be able to scale it up and maintain the integrity.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 pm

No, it hasn't got quite that ridiculous here. I would doubt Demon Tweeks can have any objection but it's no harm asking as Hoodoo says.

Only Apple trademark unfeasible things like the dots of the I's.

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:01 pm

If you think its an issue, remove the tail and replace it with a welding torch or incorporate a welding torch into the logo?
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

Hoodoo
No rank

Post by Hoodoo » Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes, it's the use of the word 'Demon' that I would be concerned about. It is, after all, part of their registered trademark and firms have been known to get very stroppy about things like that! The last thing you need is, after a few months trading, with the name getting known, to receive a Solicitor's letter informing you of Court action if you don't drop it. They have the financial clout to make life very miserable indeed, and you'd probably end up having to start from scratch, so a letter or personal visit in advance may be advisable.
Regards,
Hoodoo
'03 Niva 1.7si
Buckley, North Wales.

baxter

Post by baxter » Tue May 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Yep, DT might have a good case of objecting to the partial use of their name by a nearby business in a related trade. I'd definatly have it checked out before spending money on signwriting advertising etc.

If the signwriters want to charge an arm and a leg I may be able to do a scalable version for you, but I'll need the font etc, and it won't be for at least a couple of weeks sorry.

PS - the font the 'fabrication' is is terrible. Not only does it make an otherwise cool logo look like it was designed by a 12 year-old (giving an unprofessional appearance), but I guarantee you'll hate it in a year or 3. There's no need for 'fabrication' to be in a "awesome dude" font as it detracts from the "DEMON" font which looks pretty good. I'd change 'fabrication' to a good plan font (like Century Gothic bold).

baxter

Post by baxter » Thu May 05, 2011 7:50 am

PPS - didn't mean to sound like the **** I appear above. I do design as part of my work and offer that advice as a friend with a critical eye; not as the arrogant tosser I sound like above. Solid advice though. :)

baxter

Post by baxter » Fri May 06, 2011 6:24 am

That logo is fine. I love the Demon text. It's just the 'fabrication' that's shite.