LPG Gas ovens

Any topics of general interest (not lada related), post them here.
excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

LPG Gas ovens

Post by excossack » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 am

A mate is after a LPG cooker, originally he was going for a NEWWORLD SPIRIT100TGLP but this is discontinued.
What other LPG cookers are there with the only electricity being used is powering the clock?

This is a range cooker and has 8 burners and twin ovens
This style
http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/Newwo ... ersion.asp

The house its going in is off grid, with LPG and Solar/Wind turbine with batteries for power

Any thoughts or other suggestions people ?

Oh and the cooker is going to live in Spain.Delivery to Spain is not an issue as he is in this country with a big Ifor trailer
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

Tom.
Site Owner

Post by Tom. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 am

John, most natural gas cookers come with a LPG gas conversion kit. Whitch is 5 or 6 LPG gas injectors stuck to a piece of card that take 5 mins to change and are worth a couple of pound. So tell him to just ask before buying the cooker he likes whether it comes with the LPG kit. I bet they even charge more for a LPG labeled cooker :? . All the new gas hobs, cookers i fit in work come with the LPG injectors.
97 Niva 1.7i
2107 Riva Sport
2104 Estate 1500

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Cheers for the info Tom, I will pass it on.
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

Post by nitro_warrior » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm

My Mum just bought a lpg cooker for her holiday cottage and had a fair bit of hassle. She got it delivered from Comet but when the gas fitter came to install they hadn't included the conversion kit. Apparently "they don't include lpg jets anymore because of the new regulations and only qualified gas fitters are allowed to install them"....

Could be the shop talking bollocks but a word of warning make sure your mate specifies explicitly that he wants it with the lpg conversion to save hassle
2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh