Up until these arrived I had never actually seen phosphor yellow/amber LEDs in person so it was an interesting technological experiment in itself.

The colour definitely brings to mind old school low pressure sodium (SOX) lamps albeit with surprisingly good colour rendering for an amber light.

The really heavy rain we had a couple of days ago revealed a couple of issues with the Jag. Firstly the somewhat embarrassing degree to which it leaks oil.

The second leak wasn't entirely unexpected given their reputation for leaks here.

We'll be getting some Capt. Tolley's on there soon - I'll also get the rear seat out again to make sure we don't have water pooling under there again. I did that earlier in the year given they have a reputation for leaks here rotting complicated box sections out from the inside where the water collects above the rear suspension mounts. It was bone dry back in January...Not so sure that will now be the case!
One fault that's been on the to do list to sort for the last few weeks has apparently decided to fix itself without requiring any manual intervention at least.

The bulb check warning light decided to quit working a couple of weeks ago but randomly sprang back to life yesterday afternoon. Further confirming my suspicion that we've got a dodgy contact at the lamp holder. That'll be a rainy day project. There are a few traces on the back of the instrument cluster that I want to repair to prevent future issues - and to investigate to see if I can figure out why the oil pressure gauge is still playing up (it does register pressure changes, just has a huge positive offset on).
On the to do list also is properly sorting the trim above the driver's door.

I keep wedging this back in place above the trim (or "crash pad" in Jaguar terminology) where it stays until the first time I drive above around 30mph with the window open. I need to get in there with some proper adhesive to see if I can get it to stay put.
I had been wanting to try to get a decent recording of how different the Jag sounds and behaves when just gentle bumbling around (and with how different the character of the sound is with windows open vs closed) for a while. So I just set the camera recording and went out for a wander...Then got lost in a housing estate. It is literally just me wandering around for about 20 minutes, so don't expect anything exciting. Sound and video are just straight off my phone stuck to the windscreen up next to the rear view mirror.
In the van I've finally gone around most of the shelves, drawers and lockers with the non slip matting.

This will hopefully do a bit to cut down on the clonks and rattles. It's definitely helped as it's noticeable how much less drumming there is just opening and closing the doors.
The inverter has now been mostly hooked up. The control panel and socket are now in place (note the red socket face to help highlight it's its own thing rather than part of the wider AC system).

Bit irked I fouled up the alignment so the socket sits a bit too high.
The green DC on light was bugging me too. I'd hoped to be able to get it to fit better.
Knowing I had a spare one of the mains indicators floating around I decided to pull that to bits and convert it for 12V DC use.
Surprising how many bits is inside a simple mains indicator!

I had a play around with a few LED options but couldn't find one that really gave a usable spread of light, so opted for a small incandescent lamp instead.

In place...

Then reassembled and tested out.

I'll get that dropped in tomorrow hopefully. The only other inverter task I've got to do is to actually hook up the supply leads in the main vehicle battery box which should see that up and running. Oh, and get some labelled printed off so it's clear what it is.
The new exhaust has now arrived for the Xantia.

Yay...The new exhaust is here so I can get that sorted.
Boo!...That means I need to fit the exhaust. Have I mentioned that I truly despise exhaust work? It's a big step towards the car being back in service though...I'm *hoping* that the spherical type joints used will at least make it a bit easier to get this pattern system in place without too many headaches. I do note that judging from the logos stamped on it that it's from the same makers as the one on the van...Let's see if it has any more baffles in than that system does!















































































