1993 Niva 1.6 For sale

New and used Ladas can be found here
nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

1993 Niva 1.6 For sale

Post by nitro_warrior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:36 pm

It's with great shame that I break this news to you all. My Niva is for sale.
Don't hate me.

I basically need room to swing persuaders at my other projects. I could go on and on with excuses but it wouldn't hide the fact from you, or I, that I am a bad man!

Well there's nothing more for it but to present the spiel and pictures...

Lada Niva 1993 (L plate) 1.6

I have owned this car since 2003 and now it is sadly the time to let it go. I have burdened myself with too many other projects and I need space! I know I’m going to really regret selling it, so make me an offer before I change my mind!

It drives and runs really well and starts straight away in the morning. There's 51,500miles on the clock, no strange rattles, everything is smooth (as a Niva can be) and the gears all work. There is a slight vibration from the rear prop when the engine is loaded at about 55-60mph, but its easy to live with. It sailed through the last MOT with no advisories and a special accolade from the mechanic regarding its condition. The next MOT is ages away in October and the tax runs until then too.

Over the last 5 years I spent lots of time weeding out worn bits and replacing them. I have a wodge of invoices totalling over £800 in parts alone. It has two new AT tyres fitted with tubes. They can have only done a few hundred miles since being fitted. The other tyres have a bit of life left in them but will need to be replaced fairly soon, if anything to match the new tyres which perform much better off-road (and look cooler!) As well as the tyres, the suspension mounts front and rear, have all been replaced, clutch cylinders changed, etc, etc.

I have been ruthless at hacking out rust and replacing it with good metal where ever the tin worm has raised its ugly head. As a result underneath the car is in good nick. Cosmetically there is rot in the usual places though, bottom of the doors and the bottom of the tailgate. Two years ago I cleaned back some of the rust around the arches and elsewhere and painted it the original burgundy red colour. The paint finish isn’t great but it’s presentable and would be a good base for repainting. I’ve also moved the horrendous mud trap indicator repeaters and moved them to the bonnet.

There are a couple of exciting and unique features on this Niva. Door pockets with speakers, an inclinometer seamlessly mounted in the dash, central locking, and most importantly, every element on the heated rear windscreen works, luxury!!! I have also mounted the rear fog light within the rear bumper to prevent it being knocked whilst off road, speaking of which, like all Nivas this is an extremely competent off-road vehicle.

Finally, (not so unique, but possibly exciting) the car is fitted with a tow bar and spot lights.

And what would it take to make all this yours? A mere £690 and a trip to Edinburgh where the car is based.

2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 pm

I can completely vouch for this car, the work that has been done on it and its off-road ability. Last time I was in it it tromped a 2.8 Isuzu turbo-diesel engined 110 Landy.

As for it's owner ...... selling and Niva in the same sentence? I ask you!

nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

Post by nitro_warrior » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:57 pm

SOLD

:cry:
2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 pm

To whom? And for how much?

excossack
Titanium with furry dice
Titanium with furry dice

Post by excossack » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:08 pm

and are they on here? no [ed]
Regards.
John 2E0DHN

Holly: This is not a daffodil, repeat, this is not a daffodil!

nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

Post by nitro_warrior » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am

GadgetBoy wrote:To whom? And for how much?
A nice guy from "up North" he's on difflock don't think he's on here though. A fair price.

He used to have a couple of Nivas in the past and I think he's planning on making it a bit of a project car.
2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 am

Corrie perchance?

Nice "Photoshop" of the Avatar! :D