Lada on e-bay

New and used Ladas can be found here
avin
Bronze
Bronze

banger racer

Post by avin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Why would anyone want to pay up to £800 for a car to go banger racing ?, I can pick up cars suitable for this use for £60/70 any day of the week and these are cars than can be MOT'd for very little money, I know this for a fact as I did it for years.
Is there something about a lada that is especially suited to banger racing that we don't know about ?, I would have thought a volvo estate would be an even better bet for a demolition style race.
It's never over till the screeching stops

eveshamsteve

Post by eveshamsteve » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:55 pm

I don't believe it was a genuine bidder. A nasty individual that wanted to cause some grief. He was never going to bid on the Lada but I can understand the seller withdrawing it from auction to avoid the risk.

torsten
Bronze
Bronze

Post by torsten » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Pulled, I'm just not going to risk it, it will be available to anyone on here though!

ladaboy
Bronze
Bronze

Post by ladaboy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Having seen a couple of Ladas at the banger track, they are not really a good car for that sport. They tend to snap where the chassis rails meet the floorpan (where they always rust), and also are a bit slow (it is a banger RACE after all). In a big bang the whole passenger compartment and roof is buckled, and also they don't have much side protection with that thin B post. But maybe their better than all the FWD crap which is the same age and price??

I don't believe that the guy would pay 800 to race a Lada, so he was probably just winding you up. Unless he has more money that sense.

Hope you find a good home for it. I'm not anti-banger racing at all, its a fun sport, but that car does look a bit too good to smash up.

(I won't tell you what I've seen destroyed at Hednesford Classic Bangers meet! You would cry)
Superjohn
1986 Lada Riva 1200L R.I.P.
RUST KILLED MY LADA

torsten
Bronze
Bronze

Post by torsten » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 pm

I have seen the pics...and cried

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I'll vouch for Pandamonium. The lad's a born Lada owner.

£500! That's higher than it was on eBlag and no hassle.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Try email then!

eveshamsteve

Post by eveshamsteve » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Well I hope you get the car. I can tell you really want it and would appreciate it. Let us know if you are successful.

eveshamsteve

Post by eveshamsteve » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:26 pm

:D Brilliant! Well done!

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Excellent. Happy buyer. Happy seller. Happy Riva.

GadgetBoy

Post by GadgetBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:37 pm

You've got yourself a truly excellent car there mate.

torsten
Bronze
Bronze

Post by torsten » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:05 pm

to find a good home on here makes me very happy!

marknsu65
Bronze
Bronze

Post by marknsu65 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:06 pm

i know of a moskvich that was on ebay and its fate was to become a bangor racer, such a crying shame, now that all the oxfords, granadas and cavaliers have dried up, when a riva or a polonez comes along chances are the same fate, im no mechanical expert but have been told that bangor boys need carburettor cars, fuel injected ones are not suitable, i think the moskvich went for about £450 so maybe they are paying more than we think.

nitro_warrior
Gold
Gold

Post by nitro_warrior » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm

Pandamonium wrote:If I won the lottery, I'd rescue as many unwanted classics as i could. banger racing should only be in cars which are plentiful.
Yes. BMW X5s and X3s, now that I would watch.
2 x Fiat Panda 4x4 999cc
VW Type 3 Fast back
Chrysler Voyager

Edinburgh