2107 Riva Sport
2104 Estate 1500

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Re: 1992 LADA NIVA RHD WHITE

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Interesting one.

Niva converted to a 1300 Riva engine? Thought the usual swaps were usually UP in capacity (i.e. Fiat 2.0 TC)...Dropping 300cc seems an odd decision...It's a belt driven engine in the photos though, so looks like it really is! Quite prepared to be told this is a common and desirable mod, just not something I've heard of before.

I'm slightly puzzled as well in that the MOT states that the colour is blue - and sure enough if you look at the photos, the rear of the interior certainly shows blue around the rear pillars and under the windows. Strangely though, there's no evidence of blue under the bonnet or where the metalwork is visible under the seat runners etc, and the paint under the bonnet looks aged with the vehicle. Unless it started beige, was painted blue, and then got *repainted* white?

I might be just too much of a cynic, but that rings alarm bells to me...I'd want a really clear look at what's under those floor mats and the underside...

Looking at the MOT history as well, it appears that it's been off the road since 2005 and only just been recommissioned.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.