97 Niva 1.7i
2107 Riva Sport
2104 Estate 1500

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Re: 1989 Lada Riva 1.2 L SPARES OR REPAIRS

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Gut feeling there is that it's quite strongly overpriced as advertised unless you get exactly the right buyer turning up.

In the same breath though, looking at the usual rot spots in the photos that could turn out to be actually a really solid car and a good restoration project for someone.

Definitely will need a few quid spent though to get it back into tip top shape (clutch master or slave cylinder for a start as the pedal's on the floor)...Won't take much probably to get it running and through an MOT assuming it's as solid as it looks...but there's a big difference between a car that's been resurrected to pass an MOT and one that's been brought properly back to the land of the living to be a reliable and rewarding car to drive.

...Trust me, I bought a Skoda which fell very much into the former category and it's caused me to beat my head against the nearest wall on many an occasion!
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.