1997 Niva 1.7i for sale

New and used Ladas can be found here
specialshoe
Standard
Standard

1997 Niva 1.7i for sale

Post by specialshoe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:26 am

I'm torn on this but have been offered another car and really I cant keep everything - so with some reluctance - for sale is my Niva. Thought I'd offer it to Lada people before anybody else - so just advertised here at the moment. If nothing happens here in a couple of weeks I'll put it elsewhere.

P reg 1997 1.7i single port fuel injected engine, 19k miles on the clock - genuine. Colour is dark blue/green.It was a 'garage find' about a year ago - I did some posts on it on the forum - and I brought it back to life - and have driven about 1,000 miles since its MOT test, 6 months till due again.

Work done at 18k miles when I re-commissioned it (and a few things just recently)

replace all four cv gaiters front axle
fit new towbar (detachable ball) towed a dingy twice and a trailer to the tip three times
new rear brake shoes, check/clean, strip, check clean fronts, pads ok (new pins fitted)
change oils in front axle, rear axle, transfer box (Baxter overfil), gear box, engine+filter
new fuel filter
new spark plugs
camchain tension adjusted
new air filter
check/adjust valve clearances
fix various bulbs/lights etc
four new tyres 175 x 16 proper size all terrain type
check/adjust front racking
new battery
new throttle position sensor
new idle air control valve
new fuel tank expansion plastic bottle thing in rear wing
new door locks/keys
various other bits and bobs of tlc.

So condition - body - never been welded, doesn't need it an not at all rotten. It lived in a garage all its life with original/previous owner. Bit of rust was starting in the vertical seams to the front wings and under the wheel arch lips in a couple of places - ground out, treated and painted. Arches all good, and as noted above underside bare bits wire brushed, rust treated and painted, front wing cavities rust wax sprayed. Couple of small dents here and there - its had a bit of a dent on the front panel but is generally the right shape still. Screen has a 6 inch crack top passenger side - its not growing so I have left that alone

Engine and gearbox - runs and drives well (as can be expected) fuel injected and I worked out it was returning 30mpg, 5 speed box all ok, transfer box good, diff lock will engage and orange light on dash comes on. The usual Niva drivetrain whirrings etc from gearbox and prop shafts

Interior - black cloth, black dash, basically black. Not in bad shape - no rips/tears in seats or headlining etc. The fit and finish is very 'Lada' i.e. not great. Windows wind up/down. doors all lock etc

Overall it's clean smart and tidy - has been reliable and 'engaging' and I enjoy owning it and have done whilst driving it for the last 6 months. I haven't been off road - just normal road driving

Keys - two sets and VAZ workshop manual.

Two tasks I haven't done yet is replace the heater valve - previous (original) owner had the heater disconnected due to leak - so at the moment no heating. I had also intended to waxoyl underside before the winter - not done yet - but that allows you to see better the underside and nothing hidden behind black waxoyl.

Its clean, tidy, stick the key in and it goes. Lada's are always a project (often broken but never broken down is what they say) but this one is a daily driver or weekend warrior straight away without needing anything.

Price - well I am asking £2,400 ono - which given what I have seen sell on ebay etc is fair given the good condition of this one.

Location - West Sussex - near Brighton/Worthing - ring me if you want to talk etc 07734 832720

send me your email address and I can send lots of photos - right now I cant figure out how to put up photos on this advert !!! Is there a simple way? I've done it before but cant figure it out now (frustrating)!

specialshoe
Standard
Standard

Re: 1997 Niva 1.7i for sale

Post by specialshoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:27 am

Interest, enquiries and some tyre kicking, but no taker yet so I'm going to advertise to the wider world in the interweb