FOC - Pug 306 1.6LX Sedan and VW T25

New and used Ladas can be found here
Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

FOC - Pug 306 1.6LX Sedan and VW T25

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:53 pm

(I realise these are both a bit off topic for this forum...but hoping that the mods won't mind too much given I'm basically trying to save two cars from the crusher!)

Absolute last chance saloon for both of these vehicles.

My father is moving into a new council house and we need to have the current place cleared by close of play on December 8th, including the driveway. He informed me of this yesterday...

If they have not been collected by the end of this coming week I'll be calling in the local scrappy to collect them. I have neither the space for them down here, nor can I afford to have them transported 500 odd miles down here! Council are going to charge me £250 apiece to remove the vehicles if I've not shifted them - so they've got to go.

Details:

R plate Peugeot 306 1.6LX (TU engine I believe) Sedan.
Silver.
110K ish miles.
Has been off the road for about two years, but was run regularly up until about 9 months ago.
When it was parked up, this was the fault list I knew about.

Rear axle needle bearings shot (no surprise there then) so the right hand side creaked.
Rear silencer knackered (and removed).
Nearside front spring snapped.
Weeping radiator.
Some valve guide wear resulting in a bit of a cloud when the engine first starts - never caused any issue with the emissions test though, and didn't use any appreciable amount of oil between services.
Valve clearances really could do with adjusting.
Battery is unsurprisingly stuffed after sitting so long.

This could be a really nice car to be honest with a couple of days spent on it, I just never had time among other projects and having moved south. If I didn't have the Xantia I probably would have had it transported down and be using it as my daily driver right now.

Bodywork was utterly solid throughout, and aside from a couple of minor dings that you'd expect from a 100K mile car was actually very, very tidy. There are quite a few sweep marks that I reckon would come out with a good power polish.

Currently sitting on 17" aftermarket alloys which are immaculate save for one scuff on the nearside front, I do have the original wheels and wheel trims as well. Tyres were as new when parked up, but may have perished after sitting for so long. Definitely still had air in a few weeks back when I last saw the car.

There's also a 1980 VW T25 1.6 (CT) camper van.
89K miles I think, and it's been off the road since 2003.
Runs, drives, stops, but needs a *lot* of welding on the bodywork. Chassis is mostly sound though save for a couple of outriggers.

Both vehicles are currently in the AB51 postcode of Aberdeenshire.

I'll try to stick a few photos up later this evening, though I don't have any recent ones unfortunately.

Not after any cash for either of these, I just want them off the driveway at this point.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.

Hannesb
Bronze
Bronze

Re: FOC - Pug 306 1.6LX Sedan and VW T25

Post by Hannesb » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi

If I were you I'd stick the T25 on eBay on a short listing. It should make up to £800 without too much trouble.

If it wasn't for the very tight time frame around this you could easily quadruple that... If it wasn't for the very tight time frame around this (and the fact that it is almost 78 million miles away) I would love to get it myself and slowly restore it and use it myself.

Best of luck and I really hope these don't get destroyed just because nobody has the means to rescue them.

Regards
Hannes
:cry:
1979 Leyland 998 Automatic Mini. Don't ask...

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:31 pm

I'd really be tempted to try that if time wasn't so tight.

I'm put off though with the fact that each and every time I have tried to sell a vehicle on eBay, I've ended up getting messed about and it taking weeks to sort out, suffice to say it's really put me off ever using it to sell again - nevermind when I'm working on such a tight deadline.

Really annoying I didn't have this information three weeks ago, or I could have actually attacked this situation more reasonably.

As it is, looks like between flights, van hire and fuel costs the run up there to assist him in moving and getting the last of my stuff moved south is going to be costing me well north of £600 because of the short notice...so I'm not exactly amused right now.
LOZ: Oddball cars, lighting information, and anything else I remember to upload!
Current fleet: 02 VW Caddy 1.9SDI, 90 Mercedes 208D Autotrail Navajo, 85 Sinclair C5, 78 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6GL, 73 AC Model-70.

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm

EDIT: VW is now reserved by a member of this forum.

Hannesb
Bronze
Bronze

Post by Hannesb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Glad somebody is going to save it. Shame about the Pug (I like them; my wife has had several), but you can't win 'em all.

Good luck with the moving/collecting!
:cry:
1979 Leyland 998 Automatic Mini. Don't ask...

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:09 pm

T25 has now started its long voyage on a trailer down to its new home.

306 if we can find someone to move it soon enough may have a reprieve. Myself and a friend gave it a once over yesterday and both agree that it really is too good to scrap unless that's a very last resort.

Slight edit to my previous spec, it's not on ridiculous 17" rims, they're actually 16" OZ ones and I reckon they actually look great on it (and I usually hate aftermarket alloys - these really look like they could have been original though), made it handle absolutely beautifully too, even with the tired axle.

There is zero mould inside, even on the seatbelts, absolutely zero rust on the body and despite being dirty and green, the paint still has a shine to it even! Started on the button with a jump and ran sweet as a nut.

He's agreed to let me store it in the yard at his business for the time being and we'll run some numbers on the viability of getting it an MOT.

If we do that, I may well bring it down here to sell as I reckon there's more of a market down here.

Tempted to say it would also make a good basis for a track hack - but having seen the car again reckon it's really far too good for that. Was and still is one of the cleanest and straightest 306s I've seen.

...miss driving it again now!

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Post by Zelandeth » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Update on the van, I've had confirmation that it has now arrived at its new home.

Will leave it up to the new owner if they wish to pipe up.

wdavie
Standard
Standard

Post by wdavie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:18 am

Hi all, I'm the recipient of the van from Zel, I'd like to offer a huge thanks to him for his generosity and confirm van is now safely at my lock up unit, couldn't resist a quick drive around the yard with it, I will be spending long hours hopefully restoring her to a state fit to be back on th eroad, again massive thank you to Zel!!

Zelandeth
Diamond
Diamond

Post by Zelandeth » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:58 pm

I look forward to hearing of it!

One thing to watch (if you haven't already discovered it) I've just remembered is that the side door falls off when opened because the little metal wheel on the runner is missing. Remember that catching me by surprise when I first got it! This is one problem at least not because of corrosion...