niva hussar
niva hussar
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lada-Hussar-/ ... 20c5715c84
Anyone shed any light on history of this currently on ebay for £2000. Seem to think it was for sale in wales a few months back? Engines not right.
Anyone shed any light on history of this currently on ebay for £2000. Seem to think it was for sale in wales a few months back? Engines not right.
-
Neil Chowney
- Administrator
- Posts: 2641
- Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 8:34 pm
- Location: Whitchurch, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: niva hussar
The engine is a fiat 131 lump 1600 or 2000 . Wonder why they changed from a 1.7i unit?
Thing is, that has a carb and the 1.7 would need a cat fitted due to the year. Carb and cat will not usually work, too rich at low revs and tick over.
No idea on rest of car.
Thing is, that has a carb and the 1.7 would need a cat fitted due to the year. Carb and cat will not usually work, too rich at low revs and tick over.
No idea on rest of car.
Neil Chowney
Land Rover Discovery Sport (just sold the Freelander)
Cube Agree HTC Di2
Land Rover Discovery Sport (just sold the Freelander)
Cube Agree HTC Di2
Re: niva hussar
well, after a 5 hour public transport trek it drove back 200 miles from brooklands in surrey to near buxton in the peak district, north derbyshire. Quite happy cruising at 70ish and nippy away from the lights. Body and interior all seems very straight and good. Took my little lad for a drive which he loved before the 1 day insurance I bought to get it home ran out. Its new MOT cert is less than a month old with no adviseries! As new tracker tires, towbar & roofbars etc. Clean interior etc. Then wife went mad and said it has to be sold which would be a shame when its took this long to find such a solid Niva.
Re: niva hussar
Just ask your Son which he would like to get rid of, your wife or the Niva. He is a 3rd party, independant judge, so what he says goes 
Re: niva hussar
funny that - the wife came up with something simular! 
Re: niva hussar
both our cars already got winter tyres!
-
The Mancunian
- Standard

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am
Re: niva hussar
I couldn't get there to bid at Brooklands, last minute family hassle. If I had I might not have won the auction but I promise you he would have had to pay more than £448 + commission for it.
We all work for money but £1500 for not much effort?????
We all work for money but £1500 for not much effort?????
Re: niva hussar
not sure what you mean by that, the ad on ebay is still the ad from brooklands thats been on ebay for a few weeks, I havent put it up for sale. To get it home, what with transport down, temp insurance fuel etc it stands me at approx £750 so far. Given the agro the wife is giving me you (or anyone else)could have it for that. Perhaps look more carefully at the details next time before commenting.
On a new line the twin cam pulls pretty well but would have preferred a lada lump under the bonnet - took the old one appart a few times in the past so would be less daunting to look at. Seats are an improvement though on my old a-reg. Its also good to have a body that appears to be straight and original. The 11.5month mot with no adviseries is also good.
On a new line the twin cam pulls pretty well but would have preferred a lada lump under the bonnet - took the old one appart a few times in the past so would be less daunting to look at. Seats are an improvement though on my old a-reg. Its also good to have a body that appears to be straight and original. The 11.5month mot with no adviseries is also good.
Re: niva hussar
just played the next round of cards in the wife/husband war of attrition this evening - 2off A3 laminated posters of me and my little lad with the Niva on his bedroom wall. He is already laughing and telling his mum 'niva' 'niva' etc - you get the idea!
Re: niva hussar
The twin cam is going back to a very nice chap from essex who has been looking carefully for a while and is very keen on nivas - and so is his wife who is also coming to collect with him. In the last week we've exchange numerous emails and its clear its going to a good home.
Lession learned is to check carefully where it is so dont get stung on transport charges and go over budget and get permission before bidding on the next lada!
have just recieved an original 30 year old lada tool kit today complete with pump etc so no way have I given up on long term lada ownership!
I've just got to remember that although years back I was brought up with ladas, both mum and grandad had them in the 1970&80's, me in the 90's - the wife hasnt and I need to be a little more 'planned' next time.
This battle has been a graceful retreat - the war/gameplan has just started!
Got a towing a-fame and towbar now so that opens up more options.
Lession learned is to check carefully where it is so dont get stung on transport charges and go over budget and get permission before bidding on the next lada!
have just recieved an original 30 year old lada tool kit today complete with pump etc so no way have I given up on long term lada ownership!
I've just got to remember that although years back I was brought up with ladas, both mum and grandad had them in the 1970&80's, me in the 90's - the wife hasnt and I need to be a little more 'planned' next time.
This battle has been a graceful retreat - the war/gameplan has just started!
Got a towing a-fame and towbar now so that opens up more options.
Re: niva hussar
handed the keys for the twin cam to a nice couple who got the train up today - he's already been studying baxters and intends to register here tomorrow! Feels like its gone to a good home - I'm already watching ebay - nice riva estate going but not sure I fancy a horror carb. Prob best to wait until sold some bits from shed to raise more funds and not be stretched - oh yeh, need to win the wife round also.
-
happiness stan
- Bronze

- Posts: 206
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 pm
- Location: West Suffolk
Re: niva hussar
Thats where I am at the moment funds could be got, other half could be swung round, only trouble is far too many kids!! I'll have to wait till 2 leave home
-
happiness stan
- Bronze

- Posts: 206
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 pm
- Location: West Suffolk
Re: niva hussar
I have thought about that, trouble is he pays us money.