Page 1 of 1
Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:13 pm
by Luv-my-niva
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:02 pm
by wdavie
Lada build quality FFS they've put the steering wheel on the wrong side

Lot of money IMO
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 pm
by GadgetBoy
£4000!!!!! He's 'aving a larf!
£2500 maybe.
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm
by Luv-my-niva
4000 does seem high! I wonder why it has had a bottom half respray???
This cossac looks like a nice motor however!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-LADA-NIV ... edb2770THe other niva

Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 pm
by GadgetBoy
That is in good nick but not £2500 type nick. The wiring in the engine bay would give me some concern and there are obvious electrical and trim mods on the dash. The engine bay shows the true condition of the car - not the shiny exterior.
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 pm
by GadgetBoy
Also mileage????
eBay bit: 210250 (ok so it's a typo)
Description: 21000
Photo: 26221
5000 miles out! Dodgy eyesight that bloke.
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm
by Luv-my-niva
Yep I agree, those wires are a fire waiting to happen. I think that would be a no 1 priority to get that sorted , they are exposed to a lot of very hot parts - bit of a mess

!
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 am
by wdavie
He's cable tied wires on to the back of the radiator without any sleeving on them

It is a nice tidy looking motor overall though, however our mild winter may have scuppered his pricing of it, last year would probably have sold it in an instant, damn this global warming
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 pm
by slowbob
Still has those horrible plastic wheel arches on too. I bet there is shed loads of rust waiting to be discovered under them!
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:01 am
by madmax83
I was thinking of flying over to take a look at this one until, gladly, I saw this thread. Anyone been to look at it yet and have an opinion?
Interestingly, I live in Sweden, but hail from N.Ireland...we seem to dominate this thread a little

Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 am
by GadgetBoy
Bout ye.
I see he's dropped it to £3000. A bit of haggling should get that below £2500.
Are you looking for a left hooker?
Re: Niva on Ebay
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:33 pm
by madmax83
Yep, I left N.I. 10 years ago and Sweden is now my home as of the last 2 years, so a LHD is a must really. I think I'd like to know more about it and find it interesting that he has removed the pictures of the engine bay. I wouldn't want to waste a weekend and money on flights to get a scrapper
